Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Reversive(c).

I am blogging to cure the fever. Well, I'm actually just stuck waiting for my sister to come home with the flu pills she took with her to work. I need them. I'm getting a tad ill, O.o... This all seems funny to me, as I predicted something of this sort would occur.

You see, I have had a most exuberant weekend because a few things, namely: Shooting for Rifflandia and assisting on an engagement shoot, meeting some extraordinary personalities and doing so many things that my sleeping pattern is now disrupted. As for Rifflandia, I will do a detailed post on the subject as I enjoyed it tonnes, BUT, I do not yet have a copy of Adobe's, "Lightroom 3." So I don't want to upload some pictures before they have been sorted, scrutinized and edited. Oh, back to my "Seeingness," I saw a downturn in all of this, as this is the nature of the universe. You can never be so high without a little low. We'll see how this flu develops.

Coming to you from this fever of mine is something of reversive (c), inversive and subversive nature. Let me elaborate.

Reversive: Osawa f/4.5 80-200mm lens. (at 80mm wide open) I held this lens towards the lens attached to my Canon 50D - in a reversive manner, of course.

Inversive: Inverse to the Osawa was my Canon 50mm f/1.4 (at 50mm ((DUH)) wide open).

Subversive: (I'll get to that later).

So maybe it's the fever - or sleep deprivation, or an amalgamation of various other factors including the before said contributors - but I found this really interesting. Although not super-sharp, and under sub-par light, this is a picture I took:


I like what the Osawa lens has done to this, vignetting wise, and MACRO wise. I could get in even closer with my Vivitar 28-90mm f2.8-3.5, but I don't feel like posting something that cool just yet. I want to get some better lighting and a little more structure to the shot. As this picture was shot, I was holding the lenses together with one hand, the other on the shutter, and moving the camera body towards and away from the subject - talk about manual focusing. For lighting, my iPod was on the flashlight app balancing with one end jabbed between the two last rows of keys on the keyboard, and a polaroid picture acting as a flimsy "pillar" holding up the iPod and angling it towards the fn key.

This was a fun shot.

(A) All (p) this (p) time (l) this (e) blog may (i) have (M) been (a) for (c) something (P) other (r) than (d) showing (u) you (c) this (t) picture. (P) This (l) post (a) was (c) destined (e) to (m) happen (e) and (n) cure (t) my fever.

(c) Copyright Brian Van Wyk - Please see: Section F43 (Words which kick more ass than a dictionary can understand)

No comments:

Post a Comment